cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with IOS Upgradation

arjunsawant
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade IOS of Cisco 3845 router.But after upgrading IOS from c3845-ipbase-mz.124-3b to c3845-spservicesk9-mz.124-17 it gives error when reload "fail to access file c3845-spservicesk9-mz.124-17" and boot with old IOS.Router have sufficient memory 256 MB.

9 Replies 9

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI Arjun,

Problem could be because of error in the downloaded file.

Did the new File pass the Checksum. Try to re-download the file and do it.

Pls Rate if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

I try re-download three times with different tftp.But it remains same.

Please help me.

Hi Arjun ,

have you given .bin extension while loading the IOS.Can you paste the show version and show flash output.

check the show run for boot system flash line.

and try to execute following commands.

no boot system flash:old image name

boot system flash:new image name.

do the above if the new image passes checksum means no error noticed while loading new image.

Thanks,

satish

I tried these command:no boot system flash:old image name

boot system flash:new image name

It still give error.

For upgrading I give copy tftp flash command.

Please tell me if there is any another process for specific Cisco 3845 router.

Please see attachment for version.

hi

You may need to delete the old ios before upgrade.Bcos, sp services file may not fit with ip base in the same flash.. cos ur flash is only 64MB

Cheers!

you may post the output of dir command even before carrying out the above task

my old IOS is 17MB and New IOS is 27 MB.so i think 64mb is sufficiant for both IOS.

can you tell me the proper procedure for upgradation verification.

Arjun

Would you post the output of show flash and the output of show run | include boot? It would also be helpful if you could post the error message exactly from the boot process. I am wondering if there is a mismatch (or mis-spelling) of the name in the boot statement with the file name in flash.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Arjun ,

Yes , you can load the ios using xmodem procedure.But it takes time and depends on the size of the IOS which you trying to load.

Check out below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml

Thanks,

satish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: