cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call transfer from the receptionist

ualex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I use a CME 4.2 and I need to set up that when the receptionist transfers a call to extention (this is working) and the person at the extention is not available (ringing for some time) the call will get back to the receptionist.

Is this possible? If so when what should I do to accomplish that?

My exsisting config for call transfer:

transfer-system full-consult

transfer-pattern ...

Thanks

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

this is return to operator. There is no special support for it in CME, the closer you can do, is configure call forward no-answer to operator number for all ephone-dn's (you can use ephone-dn-template).

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi.

Thanks for a quick response.

I did that, but for some reason after the second phone is ringing and there is no answer the call just drops.

(I have two CME's and it might be a somehow related)

What kind of debug can I use to debug the call-forward noan xxx timeout yyy ?

Thanks again.

That is, operator is on one cme and the not answering phone on the other? Ar you using h.323 or sip between cme's ?

I have the default. If I run "sh dial-peer voice xxx | i session" - i get session -protocol=cisco, session-transport=system.

Maybe I should prefer SIP or H.323?

Thanks

Default is h.323. use 'session protocol sipv2" to switch to sip. That is also useful to get traces, "term mon" and debug ccsip messages".

Sorry for late reply.

Thanks for your help.

I will not try to switch to sipv2 right now since soon I'll need to migrate to call manager 5 anyway and I'm trying to keep the system as stable as it's possible till then.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: