cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960G high Total Output Drops

dmitrysherman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends, i can't solve this issue and i would like to discuss it with you.

We have 2960G-24TC switch with the latest 12.2(40) IOS (also tried with FX and SEE4)

The connection is very bad in the evening times when the load is high, too many packet loss between the servers connected to the switch and the gateway, the transfer rate is very low.

I've noticed that the "total output drops" value increasing the the problem occurs.

The uplink is SFP fiber 1000/full + 2 copper 100/full

the servers seperated by vlans (some get out thru the fiber and some thru the coppers)

What may cause such output drops ?

I see no other errors on the interface, only those "total output drops"

another wierd thing that is happening, when i configure a server on 100/full its working perfectly and the transfer rate is OK, but when i set it to auto/auto (which negotiated on 1000/full) the transfer rate between the servers that connected to the same switch is extremely low. I tried to update the drivers of the NICs, tried also to set the port to 1000/full manually - no luck.

Total switch load in the highload times is about 700Mbit up and 50-100mbit down.

1 Reply 1

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

If your bridged PVCs result in high CPU utilization on the router, the first thing to look for is a high number of broadcasts on your interface. As a side effect, you can see a high number of drops on the interface. Under this situation, the problem can be anywhere from slow response on the router to the complete inaccessibility of the router. If you bring the interface down or disconnect the cable from the ATM interface, it should bring the router back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: