Views
Helpful
Replies

7921G 5sec Audio Delay..

meggerman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I seem to be getting a 5sec audio delay with peer-to-peer conversations ? at first you answer "hello" wait a few secs then hear them saynig "hello" and then your eventually connected ?

what could this be, i have ample signal strengh

many thanks

6 Replies 6

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it only at the beginning of a call?

Can you provide more info on your WLAN?

AP type, versions, etc.?

What is the 7921 firmware version?

What type of authentication / encryption is used?

Is dot1x reauth or session timeout enabled?

1. yes initialy at begining of call (now down to 1 sec delay)

7921 firmware is:

App Load ID:

CP7921G-MFG-1.0.4.LOADS

Boot Load ID:

BL-P203-6065e201

WLAN Driver ID

WLAN Firmware ID

------

not sure how you would update the firmware on these phones, they were very new at the time and we may have an older load on them. sorry for being a newb with this.

cheers

Please verify that you are using the admission control version for the newer 7920 and the new 7921 phones. This is under the configuration for voip.

firstly thankyou for your reply dennis.

where am i looking for the configuration for Voip (had a look couldnt find) in the phone settings or on the callmanager ?

again thanks for this help

It is on the Wlan Controller under wireless I believe.

Enabling CAC will not help reduce audio gaps.

But if you want to enable CAC/TSPEC, it's under the Wireless menu, under 802.11a or 802.11b/g, then Voice.

If using both TSPEC and non-TSPEC enabled clients, then advise to enable load based CAC, which is available in the 4.1 WLAN controller release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card