cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP: timer-wheel running slow by 1 ticks

Chris Lane
Level 1
Level 1

Can't find much on why i would recieve this error.

I have a typical IBGP setup with Route Reflection. I have two peering routers. I recieve the standard routes i allow via a community. When i try to pass this community to my new peer, nothing is advertised. Any suggestions.

Here is a basic snipit of my bgp config--

neighbor IBGP-AR peer-group

neighbor IBGP-AR remote-as X>X>X>X

neighbor IBGP-AR update-source Loopback0

neighbor IBGP-AR send-community

neighbor IBGP-AR soft-reconfiguration inbound

neighbor IBGP-AR route-map IBGP-AR out

(this route map tags my local community) sending my customer routes.

3 Replies 3

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I didnt fully understand ur question, but as I understood that u have 3 IBGP peers with a route-reflector in between , am I right? and you are applying a rout-map policy to one of the IBGP neighbors and tag it with a community value , right? but when u tag it , no BGP routes received by the peering router?

kindly confirm the following if the above is the case:

1- do u receive BGP routes from this neighbor?

2- Have u set any community attribute at ur peering router, so when it advertises u the routes , its tagged with a community?

3- what community attribute u are setting in the peer-groups and why?

kindly provide a wide picture for ur Setup & what u are trying to accomplish?

Regards

Mohamed Sobair

Sorry for late response...

1. I have an IBGP session with my directly connected neighbor session and its my Core router - My core has a EBGP session recieving full routes.

2. on my DR - device directly connected, i recieve from another peer local routes via a community string which is tagged via a route map.

my DR does not pass the tagged traffic which is should along to my directly connected neighboring router.

what's the result? any explannation to this error mesg?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: