cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 with Term Server Module...

da.beaver
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 with an HWIC-16A Async Term Server Module in it. I am trying to get two way communication to happen on several lines.

I am going to be connecting several hospital lab devices that are currently connected to a DEC 700 term server, but they are no longer available and I want to use the Cisco 2811. I don't think there are alot of folks out there that have done this, even TAC doesn't have alot of experience with this. I have opened two cases and neither of them even know what a DEC 700 is.

I set up the 2811 and plugged it up to a laptop with a serial connection where I can send text from the router to a laptop connected to the P0 cable, but cannot send text back to the router.

Does anyone know how to configure the port to make two way communication happen?

The lab device communicates to a server in our data center bi-directionally. The lab devices scans a blood sample, requests a connection to the server, then the server will send data back to the device after it has analyzed it.

Thanks in advance,

David Beaver

1 Reply 1

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

To enable incoming and outgoing IP traffic to be exported across a monitored interface, use the bidirectional command in router IP traffic export (RITE) configuration mode. To return to the default functionality, use the no form of this command.

#bidirectional

#no bidirectional

If this command is not enabled, only incoming traffic is exported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card