cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two ISPs one pix and one asa5510

thinnetinc
Level 1
Level 1

I have two different ISPs. One link is coming in to a pix 515E with 6.2 ver and the other is coming in to an ASA5510 7.2. I need to allow Web Access in through both devices. Currently the Pix is allowing web traffic into the DMZ. But, I need to move traffic to the ASA while maintaining 24/7 access. And, keep the Pix online for a backup web site access. All the web servers have the Pix DMZ Interface set as a default Gateway. I have one to one static mapping to each site in the DMZ . Can I do this without having to add a router between the gateways and the web servers?

I do have RIP on the Pix DMZ int and the ASA DMZ int. Also I have RIP Client on one test sserver. But, I am not getting to the site through the ASA.

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

You can connect PIX and ASA and then configure static route on PIX to route the internet packets to the ASA, and as backup he can use the internet connection on PIX in case the internet link to ASA fails.

I can see that working after the cutover. But currently all dns records and some of the outside users are pointed to the IP's on the Pix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card