cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Map Editor in WCS 4.1.91.0

ssaluga
Level 1
Level 1

In WCS version 4.1.91.0 is there any way to edit maps other than through the web interface? I'm trying to lay in my "thick walls" and I'm finding the resolution in the web interface to be down-right horrible. Since I'm in a hospital environment I have lots of walls to draw but I keep having to refer back to my original jpg to locate some of the walls as they do not appear on the low resolution web interface editor. If anyone has any ideas on editing maps in WCS I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Scott

4 Replies 4

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Scott,

You will also run into a bug when saving your walls in WCS. The end result is the database loses AP placement when you are in planning mode. You have to re-enter them if you do not get them right the first time.

towler
Level 1
Level 1

Scott,

The rumor from Networkers 2007 (OK, OK: Networkers at Cisco Live!) was that WCS version 4.2 would allow import directly from Autocad .dwg files without the mess of first saving as bitmaps.

A snippet from: www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7305/prod_bulletin0900aecd806b7f8a.html

"AutoCAD Map Import Support: AutoCAD images can be imported into Cisco WCS and used as maps. Users can select the layer of the AutoCAD image to be used as the WCS map when the image is previewed. Cisco WCS maps support three import file types: JPEG, PDF, and AutoCAD."

And remember, WCS version 4.2 will "fix everything this time" ;-)

Towler,

Thanks for the info. Importing directly from CAD will be great. The real issue though is editing. I really hope they give us an actual "program" to edit in rather than a web interface. Maybe something similar to Solarwinds Map Maker. I'm probably just dreaming though.

Cheers,

Scott

We have an editor for the traditional files like jpg, bmp, gif, etc. It is the old Airespace Floor Plan Editor. It is great. I have a copy if you'd like. Send me your email.

dholmes@ineteng.com

dennis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: