cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 Data T1

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 for a data T1 and I have found lots of information on how to set the card up for voice but I understand it can just be a normal Data T1 as well. Is there some good documentation on setting this card up for just data?

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

card type X T1

controller T1 X/Y

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-24

and configure interface serial X/Y:1 as usual.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Can I use this card (VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1) for both voice and data? Any configuration examples? Thanks. I am trying this card on a new UC520 solution.

Hi,

Do you mean data calls over PRI, or a leased line ?

Yes Paolo. I need to configure the PRI for both data and voice. I am assuming I have to use some of the 24 channels for data and the rest for voice. I am looking for configuration examples. For an office of 15 people, do you think twelve channels will suffice. You have always provided answers to my questions. Thanks a lot.

Correction Paolo. It is voice and data over a leased line. I am looking for sample configuration or a link to one. Thanks

What is conected on the other end of leased line ?

Thanks Paolo. I now have a beeter idea of what they are trying to do. The Service provider will be terminating the leased line to a device they call an IAD (Integrated Access Device). The voice port on the IAD will connect to the VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 on the UC520 and the WAN port of the IAD will connect to the ethernet port of the UC520. They channels will be dynamically assigned as needed. I appreciate your help.

Hi,

So data will go over ethernet, and voice over T1/E1.

This can be done with the UC520 (must be one the larger models with T1/E1 support) without any problem.

Very preferably, the voice signaling between IAD and UC520, should be configured for ISDN PRI.

You are right. It is one of the bigger models. I believe ISDN PRI is what they will use for the voice portion.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card