cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 Data T1

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 for a data T1 and I have found lots of information on how to set the card up for voice but I understand it can just be a normal Data T1 as well. Is there some good documentation on setting this card up for just data?

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

card type X T1

controller T1 X/Y

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-24

and configure interface serial X/Y:1 as usual.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Can I use this card (VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1) for both voice and data? Any configuration examples? Thanks. I am trying this card on a new UC520 solution.

Hi,

Do you mean data calls over PRI, or a leased line ?

Yes Paolo. I need to configure the PRI for both data and voice. I am assuming I have to use some of the 24 channels for data and the rest for voice. I am looking for configuration examples. For an office of 15 people, do you think twelve channels will suffice. You have always provided answers to my questions. Thanks a lot.

Correction Paolo. It is voice and data over a leased line. I am looking for sample configuration or a link to one. Thanks

What is conected on the other end of leased line ?

Thanks Paolo. I now have a beeter idea of what they are trying to do. The Service provider will be terminating the leased line to a device they call an IAD (Integrated Access Device). The voice port on the IAD will connect to the VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 on the UC520 and the WAN port of the IAD will connect to the ethernet port of the UC520. They channels will be dynamically assigned as needed. I appreciate your help.

Hi,

So data will go over ethernet, and voice over T1/E1.

This can be done with the UC520 (must be one the larger models with T1/E1 support) without any problem.

Very preferably, the voice signaling between IAD and UC520, should be configured for ISDN PRI.

You are right. It is one of the bigger models. I believe ISDN PRI is what they will use for the voice portion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card