cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to get into the pix 501 via a browser ......

pjamieson1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, I am really new to this, and need to setup a New Firewall for my location.

I am trying to get into the pix 501 with my browser, but am getting a Java error.

I use the https://192.168.1.1/startup.html address

as instructed, and get the pix Username and password login .. It says to leave them blank ... so I do .. it then asks me about to accept certificates ..which I do ..

It then asks me to login again ..(different login window) ... I again just press OK ..

Then I get a Java error at the bottom of the browser window (exception: java.security.accesscontrolexception: access denied ....)

The Pix 501 firewall manual only says that I will have to sign in once ...

Not too sure what to do ..

This is a new firewall so it is in default mode ..I guess

Pix ver. 6.3(3) PDM(3.0)

Thx Paul J.

4 Replies 4

Paul,

I believe you are getting this error due to incompatibility between the PDM and Java software versions. Have a look at this link for workaround/solution.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_field_notice09186a008046c805.shtml

HTH

Sundar

Thx, worked great, but it would be nice if I could find a app that could help totally setup the firewall ... and not just it's IP address ..

Sincerely,

P.

I'm confused, PDM is the Java based GUI that is launched from an HTTPS session, it can be used to administer all aspects of the Pix 501 configuration.

Maybe I am just totally out to lunch, but I just did not see a place where I can setup static routing .... ??

We need it for a very basic function.

Basically, we have a server with 2 NIC's

1 internal (pc1int)

1 external (pc1ext)

Then we have the firewall (using 2 ports only)

1 internal (fw1int)

1 external (fw1ext)

I need to setup a static route between fw1ext and fw1int (Between ports on the fw)

fw1int and pc1ext (int fw to our server)

pc1ext and fw1int (from server to int fw)

fw1int and fw1ext (Between ports on the fw)

It sounds easy, but if you have never touched a cisco product before and have to use command language ... it's not that easy ..

What about NAT/PAT .. do I have to set this up ?? is it automatic ?

Is there anything else I need to do ??

So far I have the ext/int IP set ... and have turned off DHCP ..

Any help would be great ..

P.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: