CCM 4.1(3) - Block Number Presentation on Local IP Phone LCD

Unanswered Question
Oct 8th, 2007

Hi. (Sorry for the long post)

Currently customer would like to setup a couple of "logical" extensions that transfer to CelPhone numbers for their contractors, etc and they don't want the user to know the celphone number.

We can use translations patterns and restrict the presentation of the number but customer also wants to include the name. (i.e calling x2030 should display the Name but not the cell phone number after the translation). With that request translations patters are not good because within the translation you cannot provide Alerting Name, etc.

We are also testing CTI Ports with the extension x2030 and CfAll to their CelPhone Number and the CSS of the CfAll field has a Route Pattern where we are restricting the presentation of DNIS to the person that originate the phone (i.e. IP Phone User). On the CTI Port we are including the Name of the Person on the Alerting Name and Display. When users are dialing x2030 they can see the name and number (x2030) but after the phone start ringing it switch to Private (x2030). Customer would like to know if the display can be "Name"/ x2030 while the phone is connected as their old pbx operate (Nortel Meridian).

The PSTN circuits are T1/PRIs NI2. Is there any other way we can dial an internal extension number that forwards all calls to an External PSTN Number but provides Name and block the external Phone number?

Thanks in advanced,

-Jose

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion