cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help.Change CIDR mask.

joelgooding
Level 1
Level 1

In my company there is a Cisco 3600 router that has a FastEthernet address of 201.1.110.22/30. My beloved boss gave me the task of changing the CIDR mask from /30 to /29 to create a block of 5 Public IP's. Me, who have no routing experience.

The other part of the task is to:

1 - Assign xxx.x.xx.50 as the Public IP to which all internal IP addresses will be NATed to

2 - Assign xxx.x.xxx.51 as the Public IP for remote management access.

Now, from picking up the CCNA books and notes and watever help i can get i can telnet into the router...get into the interface that has the /30 mask.

It is here that i am stuck and ask for assistance.please.

Joel _______________________________ Please rate helpful posts and answered questions!
2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

for the mask change just change it from 201.1.110.22 255.255.255.252 to a mask of 255.255.255.248 . This should be done to whatever is attached to the other of that link also .

will do. thanks very much....i still have the IP's to assign...one for the NATing and the other for the remote device access....will ask again if i need assistance...thanks again

Joel _______________________________ Please rate helpful posts and answered questions!
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card