cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help.Change CIDR mask.

joelgooding
Level 1
Level 1

In my company there is a Cisco 3600 router that has a FastEthernet address of 201.1.110.22/30. My beloved boss gave me the task of changing the CIDR mask from /30 to /29 to create a block of 5 Public IP's. Me, who have no routing experience.

The other part of the task is to:

1 - Assign xxx.x.xx.50 as the Public IP to which all internal IP addresses will be NATed to

2 - Assign xxx.x.xxx.51 as the Public IP for remote management access.

Now, from picking up the CCNA books and notes and watever help i can get i can telnet into the router...get into the interface that has the /30 mask.

It is here that i am stuck and ask for assistance.please.

Joel _______________________________ Please rate helpful posts and answered questions!
2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

for the mask change just change it from 201.1.110.22 255.255.255.252 to a mask of 255.255.255.248 . This should be done to whatever is attached to the other of that link also .

will do. thanks very much....i still have the IP's to assign...one for the NATing and the other for the remote device access....will ask again if i need assistance...thanks again

Joel _______________________________ Please rate helpful posts and answered questions!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card