cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Failover with Dual ISP to Same Site

123oliver
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco 2651 Routers with several remote sites. We would like to have VPN failover to these sites using VPN Tunnels from different ISP going to the same site. Failover is the primary concern but load balancing would be an added benefit.

I read the writeup that Cisco has for what they have done for Ann Taylor retailer but would like to have more information.

Any input regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

zentner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm also searching for a solution similar to you. A customer of us wants to connect his remote site in a foreign country to his central site. On both sites there are 2 ISP connections. Fail-over is a must for the setup but load balancing would be great. Do you have a suggestion regarding the hardware which is reasonable for such a setup?

Can you send me link regarding the writeup you mentioned?

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

The best way to design this network across will be to use Dead peer detection on the spokes and use Reverse Route injection on the hub to detect on which ISP/Router the connection was made. With DPD/RRI you can acheive both load balancing and failover..Alternatively you can look at DMVPN at all sites to the hub routers (2 different DMVPN tunnels to each hub router) and perform load balancing as well.

Let me know if this helps

Hi,

I am looking at a similar situation. Would it be possible to include some test configs, so that the whole issue can be clearly understood? ALternatively, if you can point to a URL which explains this in further detail, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ajay.

sample config link from cisco would be great as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: