cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring a VLAN on a 3560

elfrancesco
Level 1
Level 1

To be able to send traffic to the network, and also monitor trafic from a specific VLAN, i used the following command (on a 4507)

monitor destination interface Gi5/3 ingress vlan 14 learning

What would be the equivalent command for a 3560 please (since it doesn't understand the "learning" parameter) ?

3 Replies 3

elfrancesco
Level 1
Level 1

nobody have an idea to help me please ?

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Sorry, it doesn't seem to be possible. I think it must be a hardware limitation.

"When it [destination port] is active, incoming traffic is disabled. The port does not transmit any traffic except that required for the SPAN session. Incoming traffic is never learned or forwarded on a destination port."

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3560/12240se/scg/swspan.htm

The same paragraph in the 4507 configuration guide says:

"The port does not transmit any traffic except that traffic required for the SPAN session unless learning is enabled. If learning is enabled, the port also transmits traffic directed to hosts that have been learned on the destination port."

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Thanks for your answer, in fact i already read this but i am wondering what does the ingress command means since in the 3560 doc, on the next line you mentionned there is :

"If ingress traffic forwarding is enabled for a network security device, the destination port forwards traffic at Layer 2. "

I am wondering what ingress traffic is in this case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card