Views
Helpful
Replies

Callhandler with 3 time schedules

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have created a callhandler on Unity Connection where we have opening hours and closing hours. During opening hours the call is transfered to reception after the welcome prompt.

During closing hours the caller hears a different message and the call is forwarded to another extension.

What I want is a third time frame with different transfer rules, example:

Opening Hours: 9:00-17:00 after welcome prompt call is forwarded to reception

Semi Openening hour: 17:00-19:00 After the same welcome prompt call is forwarded to different extension

Closing Hours: 19:00-9:00 After a different welcome prompt the call is forwarded somewhere else.

The system is working now correctly with the normal openening hours and the normal closing hours.

How can you implement the Semi opening hours, without creating a new handler?

Thanks,

Jan

2 Replies 2

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Jan, I am a Unity guy but if call handlers and schedules work the same there is only standard (open) and closed hours. If you chose alternate then you would only have one choice of times. (Only one greeting is enabled when the alternate is enabled.) Busy and Internal would not be choices.

This is only if connection and Unity work the same.

rlp

You are right there is only standard open and closed. This is for connection and unity the same.

I think the solution is to play with time based routing on callmanager. For specific hours use a different call handler.

Thanks for your help,

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: