cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with CCM 4.2

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys i have v strange problem i have just installed CCM 4.2 on my new mcs 7845 h2.....NOW WHEN I ACCESS THE ccm 4 through web page (from the same server)and when i go into server setting and try to change the name of CCM to ip address and when i press update it says validate at the bottom of page an dthen it stucks for long time nothing happens.....now i put my laptop in the same vlan and tried to access through web page and did the same thing it sayd error on page.....whats going on its my first time with CCM and it seems to be v unstable thanks to windows....anyways can someone address my problem....secondly if i name the CCM while its installing can i change the name after that??? and thridly how can i unintall call manager form any system? i went to add/remove properties but cant delete ccm? regards

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like you do not have all the CCM services started up yet. You will need to start all services you need before you can start making changes to CCM

hi can you please xplain a bit abt services.....how i am gonna start them??? cheers

when i go to service activation and try to activate any service(including call manager) when i click update nothing happens and on th eleft hand corner i see error on page messahe that yellow triangle....now guys why its happening ......i m going nuts....please urgent help me required.......even when i go to server page and try to change the name to IP for DNS it give sme the same thing.......actually that is my whole problem......plz help me out as i m so frustrated noiw

edit the host or LMHOST file on the windows server. Maybe that will work.

But Im still confused what you are doing. Are you trying to use the IP address as the CCM server name or use a DNS name? If you are using DNS name, I would highly recommend leaving it as IP address. It just causes problems and they you have to rely on DNS server

Are you installed on a MCS server from Cisco?

Check the Java version on you machine and also the IIS server ... It should be one of these ...

Thanks

Vino

oh yeah, good point. If you can login into the CCM web page on the server or from another machine. A lot of times, the JAVA is screwed up, too old, or too new for clients to connect to the CCM tomcat services, etc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: