Views
Helpful
Replies

IGX error log

okanyilmaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an IGX 8410. We continously recieve an error log as belows.

"Info Invalid Login Attempt via Control Port (Local)"

Any help/comment would be much appreciated.

Okan KANYILMAZ

Ankara / Turkey

3 Replies 3

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

The error message "Invalid Login Attempt via Control Port", means exactly that. Someone or something has not enter the correct characters into the control port access interface to allow them access to the node. This could be a malicious attempt to access the node or it could be the control port is cabled to a terminal server which is outputting characters/echoing back towards the

control port. The node will by default output txt to the control port during boot so you can diagnose problems but it should not receive txt back when this is occuring as it can intterupt the boot cycle. If this happens during a switchcc you would need to check if there is terminal server or some other device connected to this interface and how its configured in comparison to

similar config to see if any problems.

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your response.

The NPM is connected to the URM Console port via the console cable. This is an ordinary implementation for remote management of URM's.We connect to NPM and then to URM with "window" command. Then come back to NPM with a command we choose with "CNFTERMFUNC" command.

I think there is a cable problem, because when we pull the cable of the system stops transmitting messages.

I also think that this messages, generatered by NPM, eventually causes to IGX reboot, considering these invalid logins as an attack.

Has it happened to you?

P.S. Can you post me your e-mail, because there are not many IGX experts around here.

Thanks in advance.

Okan KANYILMAZ

Ankara / TURKEY

okanyilmaz@aselsan.com.tr

Can you please shared the NW diagram how is the connectivty of your IGX....or you can mail me rajput_p@hotmail.com

Regards

pawan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card