Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Express 4.2 Hunt-Group Pickup

6rdold
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Has anyone been able to pickup a call that is coming in through a hunt-group on Callmanager Express?

Thanks

Ross

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm always a but surprised when this question comes up (it does quite often)

An hunt-group is supposed to be manned, so chances are, one group operator will take the call before another person outside the group has time to pick it up (we're not even discussing on how this personal would know that he/she needs to pick that particular call).

Now, if you are talking about the possibility for a group operator to preempt a colleague based on the calling number, that's another matter, however still not possible based on my knowledge.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have a manager that wants to be able to group-pickup / pickup their operator`s calls whenever they feel fit, without being part of the actual hunt-group.

Thanks

Ross

Well the problem as I said is that this generates pickup racing, because a staffed and ringing position gets preempted without apparent reason.

You can give the manager an HLog button (via softkeys configuration) so that he/she goes to supplement the hunt-group only when necessary.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: