cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple controllers, Multiple AP-Managerer Interfaces Problem

jmilay
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have an issue connecting all four SFP's on my 4404's (I have two). Currently I only have two of the SFPs connected on each controller and each controller supporting 50 AP's. When I connect the third SFP port (dot1q trunk and switchport mode trunk on the switch) with STP set to Fast- It goes into Blocking. All Interfaces are on the same vlan. Currently I have two AP-Manager Interfaces with 1 set to physical port 1 and 2 set to physical port 2. All have Enable Dynamic AP Management checked. When connecting Port 3 I created AP-Manager-3 Interface with the physical port set to 3 and Enable Dynamic AP Management Checked. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong. Please help! Trying to support more AP's. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

I would strongly suggest that you download the configuration guide for the 4404-100. It has a step by step configuration setting to assist in SFP port configuration.

I've followed that guide and it is still vague as to why my ports go into Blocking. Maybe I'm not reading the right chapter or something. Would you happen to know which chapter has the step by step configuration setting to assist in SFP configuration? The section that I read and followed is the ap-manager section. Assigning ap-managers to each port. Thanks for your time. (the document I'm referring to is "ContCG40-Oct.pdf" - is this the document you are referencing?)

Try this link then go to chapter 3. There is a link there for using multiple AP Manager interfaces.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/4.1/configuration/guide/c41mint.html#wp1117288

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card