cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCA Reporter stays "please wait, initializing templates..."

carlos-baez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I don't know if this is the correct place for this conversation, but here it goes.

I have SCA Reporter Version 3.1.0.11 and SCA BB Console Version: 3.1.0 and in both the Windows -> Preferences -> Reporter -> Templates option never loads the templates so I cannot configure the settings for it to work. At first I thought it was a Java issue, but I see that the software runs with its own java virtual machine. Any Ideas?

The database connection is established but since I cannot configure the SCE IP I cannot run any report.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Check /etc/hosts file on the CM. You should have there line for the cm hostname. Like This:

If you have this and still you have got problems then run 'dbtables.py -a' on the CM and check that you have 'CONF_SE_TZ_OFFSET'. If the CONF_SE_TZ_OFFSET is missing , then you probably forgot to run ~/cm/bin/jselect-sce-tz.sh. Run it and then remove the db in the reporter and add it again. Be sure to both activate the db and also apply.

BR and hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

carlos-baez
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a screen-shot of the conditions testing of the reporter console.

Hi,

Check /etc/hosts file on the CM. You should have there line for the cm hostname. Like This:

If you have this and still you have got problems then run 'dbtables.py -a' on the CM and check that you have 'CONF_SE_TZ_OFFSET'. If the CONF_SE_TZ_OFFSET is missing , then you probably forgot to run ~/cm/bin/jselect-sce-tz.sh. Run it and then remove the db in the reporter and add it again. Be sure to both activate the db and also apply.

BR and hope this helps

Thanks, I forgot to set the offset. Now it's working.

Hi, i am also facing the same issue where it is showin

g that "mandatory preferance "ip of sce for policy data" is not

set", i have checked /etc/hosts file and timezone setting and both this things are fine.

Can someone suggest way forward to resolve this.

Regards

punit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco