Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot pointing to Group Voicemail Box

vinothdhanapal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am having a problem with a hunt group pointing to a group Voicemail Box.

Basically there are 3 extensions in the hunt group and they are having the same voicemail profiles.

When I try to ring the extension and they dont answer it goes to the group voicemailbox. but when I ring the hunt pilot and then if no one answers then it does not goto the voicemail box.

I tried to change the voicemail box mask numbers and also the user preferences option in hunt pilot.

I am running out of ideas here. Can you point out the place where i could have gone wrong?

Many thanks

Vino

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vino,

The Forwarding information should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level. With these settings configured to go to the Voicemail Pilot #;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity VM Pilot)

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity VM Pilot)

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

Can you try setting these up as well as adding the Hunt Pilot DN xxxx as an Alternate Extension under the Group Voicemail Box :)

From this good CCM 4.1.3 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed664.html#wp1023973

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

This has been working fine , but only after I implemented Extension mobility it has stopped working . Is there any relationship between both ?

Thanks

Vino

Rob

Also should I point the Forward to the VM pilot number or the VM Mask ?

As when i treid forwarding to the pilot number it went to the default vm still and when I tried to forward to VM mask then it went to a same number which was used within the partition and not to the Group VM box.

Is it worth trying to forwarding it to the last member of the line group as it will inturn forward to the Group VM box?

Thanks

Vino

Hi

Found the solution at the end ... The hunt pilot number was changed same as the voicemail box mask and now it works fine.

Thanks all for your input.

Vino

Hi Vino,

Nice work in troubleshooting this! 5 points for posting back with your results.

Take care,

Rob

Hi Guys,

I was going nuts today trying to figure out how to get the hunt pilot pointing to a group mailbox until I read these posts!! It's working great now!

Love the Support Commuity!

Thank you !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: