cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP and Presence 6.01

sketterman
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone shed light on why or how I can get LDAP (active directory) lookups to work with Presence 6.01. I've tried everything!!! It will not connect no matter what account I use/create and I've checked the syntax as well.

5 Replies 5

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

I think Currently with your version there is no other workarounds except upgrade to CM 6.0.1 Did you configured digest credentials for the user in CUCM enduser admin page? Or CUPS -> Proxy -> Incoming ACL as All ? CUPS supports presence for CUPC clients, which includes storage of the CUPC configuration file, authentication of the client, registrar service, storage of published state, and contact list subscritpions.

Yeah. I did those things but I think you are right. It's pointing to an upgrade to CM 6.01....

It is working fine on my CM 5.1.2.1000-11 / CUPS 6.0.1.1000-21 installation. I am using Active Directory on a seperate server (obviously), and the Personal Communicator client version 1.2.1.9897 is able to search te LDAP directory just fine.

-Ed

I had to change the LDAP server entry to use port to 3268. That way it will look at the Global Catalog Server. This is a good document to reference http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00808a2b0d.shtml

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Thank you. I tried that and so far it seems to be working. Port 389 would not work at all, but this one seems to be working.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card