cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP and Presence 6.01

sketterman
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone shed light on why or how I can get LDAP (active directory) lookups to work with Presence 6.01. I've tried everything!!! It will not connect no matter what account I use/create and I've checked the syntax as well.

5 Replies 5

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

I think Currently with your version there is no other workarounds except upgrade to CM 6.0.1 Did you configured digest credentials for the user in CUCM enduser admin page? Or CUPS -> Proxy -> Incoming ACL as All ? CUPS supports presence for CUPC clients, which includes storage of the CUPC configuration file, authentication of the client, registrar service, storage of published state, and contact list subscritpions.

Yeah. I did those things but I think you are right. It's pointing to an upgrade to CM 6.01....

It is working fine on my CM 5.1.2.1000-11 / CUPS 6.0.1.1000-21 installation. I am using Active Directory on a seperate server (obviously), and the Personal Communicator client version 1.2.1.9897 is able to search te LDAP directory just fine.

-Ed

I had to change the LDAP server entry to use port to 3268. That way it will look at the Global Catalog Server. This is a good document to reference http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00808a2b0d.shtml

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Thank you. I tried that and so far it seems to be working. Port 389 would not work at all, but this one seems to be working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card