cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS controller templates - identifying and deleting them

paulcian_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am just starting to create a Wireless environment and I am creating controller templates. I noticed that in the template list for the controller group I have other templates that I did not create. eg. "Certificate","MCSTemplate". etc. How do I determine where these are defined since I went through all the controller template screens and don't see them out there? Is there a way to delete them?

4 Replies 4

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

I haven't seen this happen when creating WLC templates. Can you post the configuration on the WLC and the Screen shot where you see these additional templates.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

when you add the controller to the WCS, it will ask if you want to import the config to the WCS. This is what you see in the templates. Now you can change or add to the templates and if you want delete them. However, if you do an audit, you will see this as not being sync'd.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Please keep in mind that as you upgrade to newer versions, some of your templates may be deleted and new ones automatically created by the WCS. This is a known issue and Cisco claims to have fixed this in future versions.

When adding the controller it do not ask to import config. The intial config on the controllers was done through the setup utility which only asked a few questions. All other config were done using the templates that I created. I added two controllers and this happened with both of them.

Regarding the templates there a dozen "MCSTemplates". I am unable to locate them in WCS to delete them. I am not sure that they should be deleted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card