cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ether Channel Problem Cat OS

andrewb
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems establishing an ether channel between a 6504 dist-sw and a 6509 acc-sw. The etherchannel at each end was configured as desirable silent, all other required settings match. I already have a number of etherchannels formed between the dist-sw and other acc-sw's configured the same. If I select different ports on the 24 port gig sfp ( ports 18 and 19)blade than the two Im having problems with(port 16 and 17)joining together the etherchannel comes up no problem. Its seems as though this is some type of a restriction as far as the number of ether channels you can have on one blade or which ports you select on the blade to etherchannel. I dont think its a faulty port problem as I have the same problem on the adjacnet distribution switch (Two distribution switches). Has anybody else run into this problem before?

Andy

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Andy, I agree with your statement ports not being faulty , it seems you have covered all the angles, however, I have run into similar issues and found that etherchannel groups numbers somtimes would not match and channels would not form, I had to forced the group numbering for it to come up, have you check into forcing or even giving a unique group number see if that makes a difference and also clear ports of any previous config with "set port host ", if you have already try this , then, I would look into the gig blades hardware and software code information you to see if there is some type of bugs/restrictions.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge

Thankyou for your response, I will try what you suggested and let you know the result.

Andy

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card