Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring 1801 routers using SDM for VPN with ISDN failover

cmsitltd_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a pair of 1801 routers which I have configured broadband access and VPN link using the IPSec site-to-site wizards within SDM. All working well.

I have tried configuring the ISDN as a backup link, again using the SDM wizard, specifying a pingable IP inside the remote VPN site as the object to track in order to initiate a ISDN dial link in the case of VPN failure.

Upon immediately completing the ISDN configuration all internet connectivity is lost. Issuing a show ip route track-table indicates that the tracked object is down.

I've turned on logging for the tracked objects and all i see in the log are timeouts.

Can anyone advise me if it is a viable proposition to get this up and running using SDM or should I abandon and go down the command line route and build up a minimal configuration to test?

If anyone has a working configuration for this scenario that they'd be willing to share i'd be most grateful?

Many thanks,

Paul.

1 Reply 1

cmsitltd_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've also added an attachment with an edited version of the config to remove security details if any could help please?

Many thanks,

Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: