cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access List

cisconoval
Level 1
Level 1

Two servers are there say A & B. Both are in different VLAN. I can ping the server in both direction but I can open the shared folder through run command (\\ServerA\shareddrive). The switch having an ACL to permit only RDP and SQL traffic from Server B to A.

Please let me know which I have to enable to open the server through explorer.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

I would sniff the traffic and see what protocols it uses. If you want to go ahead and try the access list without sniffing first, try UDP/135, UDP/137, UDP/138, TCP/138 and TCP/455.

Then try a permit ip any any log at the end - that will tell you if you have missed anything.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI,

Normally, i know there is no specific Port / Service to Permit for using the shared drive access.

permit any any

will help in closing this Issue (or) if the shared drive in Server will be accessed only during certain Hrs in a day means i would recommend "Time Based ACLs".

Pls Rate if Helps

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

I would sniff the traffic and see what protocols it uses. If you want to go ahead and try the access list without sniffing first, try UDP/135, UDP/137, UDP/138, TCP/138 and TCP/455.

Then try a permit ip any any log at the end - that will tell you if you have missed anything.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

To correct Kevin, its not 455 but TCP 445.

Sorry, keyboard dyslexia!

Hi Kevin,

Thank you, It resolved my problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: