Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE keeps connecting and disconnecting from network

olakayode
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're presently doing a WAAS solution demo for a customer and we keep getting this error "The device is about to disconnect from the network." and "The device is operational and ready to participate in the network". This happens to the core and edge WAE devices when we checked out the logs from the Central Manager. We do not notice the error on the GUI of the CM and the time it takes for the error to occur is within 10secs.

We do not see passthrough traffic eventhough traffic redirection (wccp)have been properly configured on the edge and core routers.

Does this really have anything to do with the change in IP addresses of the devices as this was pulled out from a previous site?

You prompt responses will be appreciated.

Regards,

Kayode

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kayode,

It shouldn't matter if the device was moved and has a new IP address. This seems more like a network connectivity or WAE to CM communication issues. I would check the speed and deplex on all your devices including the central manager. If one side is set to auto and the other is hard set, hard set both. My recommendation is to hard set both switch and WAE on anything below Gig speed and leave Gig at Auto. Let me know if that doesn't help.

Thanks for your response.

Its not a conncetivity issue as the devices can all see themselves network wise. Moreso, the WAE are both registered to the CM while you can manage the WAEs from the CM.

Why is it that I do not see passthrough traffic? Assuming I see passthrough traffic and the traffic is not optimised then its something else but this is not so.

Kindly assist if you have an insight into this problem.

Regards,

Kayode

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: