cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Manager Server Problems

mickwalleds
Level 1
Level 1

Got our FM Server PKG license and now going through the install doc to install FM as a server.

I've installed the FM on a windows 2003 r with oodles or memory and disk, so no problem there. The version we have installed is 3.0(2a) and this installation will support 2 fabrics.

One of the fabrics appears to be ok, but the other is causing me a few problems.

I've created a new admin user on every switch (6 per fabric) and set the seed switch as per instructions.

One problem i'm having is that i can't change the username and password of the user under "server/admin". When i change the username and choose apply i get a java error. "null;nested exception is java.lang.nullpointerexception"

Also, in the web based FM i cannot get the same fabric to appear on the list. I have tried adding the seed switch etc, but with no luck. Is this because of the username problem above?

Finally, are firmware versions and Fabric Manager version directly linked? Ie is it possible to run later versions of Fabric Manager on earlier versions of firmware?

2 Replies 2

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

I think you are hitting the bug : CSCsg19198

And that is solved how please? Is it detailed in a document somewhere? Do you have a link?

Many Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: