Views
Helpful
Replies

N American& Canada DST issue

waynetall
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Still need work on some IPT servers for North American (US & Canada) DST change, because on April, we used work around for some customers.

My question is:

1, win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5a and/or

win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5a-sr3 including the fix of DST?

2, Do we still need apply ciscocm.4-1-3-2007-DST-Update.1-0-1.exe for Callmanager 4.1(3)? This file is now in archive.

3, If we apply callmanager service release ciscocm.4-1-3-sr5d.exe, do we still need the above dst-update.1-0-1 patch?

4, I still can't understand the difference between win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5a and 4-4a, from the compatible matrix, I can see both are compatible for my system, then what's the requirement to select one instead of the other?

Many thanks in advance for any reply.

Wayne.W

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Wayne,

No doubt finding this info is difficult to say the least. Here is some addition documentation;

This Service Release 4.1(3) Service Release 5d is a cumulative update that incorporates all of the fixes and changes from Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1(3)ES106, along with additional changes that are specific to this Service Release.

Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.1(3) Service Release 5d

Release Notes Version 1

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.1/ciscocm.4-1-3-sr5d-Readme.htm

Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1(3) ES 89.1 or higher contains the DST Patch. Have a look at the attached doc (it is a good one)

As far as the OS Upgrade win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5a is the newer version and will contain more Windows fixes. You can read about them via the Software Download page for CCM 4.1 OS, Hotfixes etc.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wayne,

The upgrade to 4.1(3)sr5d would contain the DST Patch. If you don't do the upgrade here is what is required;

Daylight Saving Time Solution Overview

Depending on the configuration, there are up to four software items which may be required to make a CallManager system Daylight Saving Time compliant.

CallManager Database Table update - ciscocm.4-1-3-2007-DST-Update.1-0-1.exe

Phone Loads - 8.2.2sr1 standalone phone load

***IMPORTANT NOTE***:

For 7906, 7911, 7941, 7961, 7970, 7971, in addition to the above phone loads, there is one manual workaround that will be needed in order to get the phones to display the correct time:

Reset the IP phone from the CCMAdmin for the phone to get the correct time.

Please be aware, that if for some reason, the phone is power cycled, the phones need to be reset from the CCMAdmin again for the phone to get the correct time.

JRE Patch - JRE Patch: (ciscocm-2007-JRE-DST-Update.1-0-1.exe)

This patch is only applicable to 3.3(5), 4.0(2a), 4.1(x), and 4.2(x). This patch enables CAR and AST to use the new Daylight Saving Time Zone.

Windows 2000 Patch - The Windows 2000 Daylight Saving Time patch is installed if any of these versions of MCS OSs are installed. All nodes are required to be on the same version. This patch affects CallManager tracefiles timestamps and the time display on the server's console.

2000.4.4a(sr3a) or higher

Shown nicely in this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Bob,

Appreciate your time on the post. You mentioned upgrade to 4.1(3)sr5d would contain the DST Patch. May you provide the related link for this?

Thanks,

P.S

Cisco docs on IPT OS upgrade/software upgrade are mess up. It'll take long time to find the clue.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

No doubt finding this info is difficult to say the least. Here is some addition documentation;

This Service Release 4.1(3) Service Release 5d is a cumulative update that incorporates all of the fixes and changes from Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1(3)ES106, along with additional changes that are specific to this Service Release.

Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.1(3) Service Release 5d

Release Notes Version 1

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.1/ciscocm.4-1-3-sr5d-Readme.htm

Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1(3) ES 89.1 or higher contains the DST Patch. Have a look at the attached doc (it is a good one)

As far as the OS Upgrade win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5a is the newer version and will contain more Windows fixes. You can read about them via the Software Download page for CCM 4.1 OS, Hotfixes etc.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank a lot for your quick answer.

My understanding for the DST update now is:

1, os and os release update.

2, phone load pack update

3, ccm service release update

4, JRE update

So what's your criteria to select the os release?

Hi Wayne,

Good stuff, these are the requirements for sure :) When it comes to OS releases the only criteria that we use is to never use the latest and greatest until it has been out for a month at least. We keep an eye on the Forums here to make sure that applying the version has not caused people new problems. Use the Search function and make a few queries with the new OS Version to see the issues if any. Here are all of the OS Releases that contain the DST Patch;

Windows 2000 Release

Minimum OS Service Release with the Windows 2000 DST patch

2000.4.2 - 2000.4.2(sr15) or higher

2000.4.3 or 2000.4.3a - 2000.4.3a(sr8) or higher

2000.4.4 or 2000.4.4a - 2000.4.4a(sr3a) or higher

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Don't forget that 3rd generation phones like 7941 and 7961's will likely need to be reset via CCM even with the phone loads. Also, check the Readme for the 4.1(3) SR that you are looking at as it likely has the Phone Firmware you require.

Hello Rob,

I've read all of the threads of this post as well as the links and doc you provided but I'm not 100% confident I understand.

In March, we applied the neccessary OS upgrade and the stand alone CCM patch for DST. I just installed win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5aSr2 and CCM 4.1(3)sr5d. Based on your notes we should be all set but if I'm understanding the doc right I may need to install that patch again as well as the JRE update?? Could you please clarify?

Thank you in advance.

Jason

Hi Jason,

This is the craziest !#$* ever. The info that I sent Wayne exactly one week ago has now changed and no longer mentions the JRE Patch so I guess it must be included elsewhere in some other upgrade or fix. In my mind you should be good to go as both your CCM (4.1(3)sr5d) Version and new OS 2000-4-5sr2 should contain the requisite patches.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thank you for the information and the quick response as usual. I'm not sure if you've run the 4.1(3)sr5d install yourself or not, but close to the end of it you do see a screen flash "installing JRE update" or something to that effect, which would lead me to believe you are correct, why wouldn't they include the correct patch?

Could you please post the link to the new doc or e-mail it to me?

Thanks again,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I have not installed sr5d so that information is really helpful :) 5 points for your good work here! Here is the DST link that was updated on October 12 and again yesterday. It is a good one to keep an eye on.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the link, I just received that one this morning but hadn't read it yet. That appears to definitely be the one to watch as it clearly defines the requirements....until next next week...;-).

Thanks,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: