cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Many Devices archive is failing with this error message.

dgrier
Level 1
Level 1

I verified credentials as well as edit and resubmitted and I still cannot get a backup of the configuration. Help?

*** Device Details for switch 1 ***

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for sf1-r2 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.137.x.x - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to 10.137.x.x - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for sf1-r2 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.137.x.x - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to 10.137.x.x - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required. "

Error Message

"

3 Replies 3

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

What type of device is "sf1-r2"?

I'm assuming that you've verified device credentials and the other things mentioned in the "Action" part of the errors received?

R,

-J

The device is a 6509 with SUP720. But I have 3750's and 4000's as well failing. Any help would be appreciated. Note, I am upgrading to 3.0 next week.

Assuming you verified the device credentials were correct, the next step would be to get a packet capture of the transaction for one of the failing devices.

You can set that up through the device center. Once you have that, you can see exactly what is taking place when the job is run.

I wouldn't recommend you uploading the capture to this list, as it may expose your IP/Password information for your device...so it would probably be best for you to open a TAC case and pursue this issue there.

HTH,

-J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: