Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 506e Routing

ccummings
Level 1
Level 1

I wasn't sure how to title this exactly, but here's my problem:

We have a web server inside the firewall with an inside address (inside). There is an outside address (outside) that is routed in through the firewall to that server.

The DNS, of course, resolves to the outside address, so when someone inside tries to get to www.myserver.com, it times out and is not routed. They have to use the inside address to get there.

Is there any way to tell the firewall to route from a computer on the inside to the outside address of the webserver? Basically, the packet would go out of the firewall to the router and get bounced back in.

I hope my message is clear and I thank you in advance for any help.

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

basically that is refer to dns doctoring where you instruct firewall to rewrite dns entry for the host in the case of your scenario.. go over the complete doc on this link on how to do this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00807968d1.shtml#intro

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card