CCME SOFTWARE BUILT-IN ?

cfajardo1_2
Level 1
Level 1

we have purchased the ff voice router bundle

C2801VSECCCME

below is the sh ver/inventory

sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, 2801 Software (C2801-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(3h), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2007 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 25-Jul-07 15:52 by stshen

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

yourname uptime is 1 minute

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:c2801-advipservicesk9-mz.124-3h.bin"

This product contains cryptographic features and is subject to United

States and local country laws governing import, export, transfer and

use. Delivery of Cisco cryptographic products does not imply

third-party authority to import, export, distribute or use encryption.

Importers, exporters, distributors and users are responsible for

compliance with U.S. and local country laws. By using this product you

agree to comply with applicable laws and regulations. If you are unable

to comply with U.S. and local laws, return this product immediately.

A summary of U.S. laws governing Cisco cryptographic products may be found at:

--More-- http://www.cisco.com/wwl/export/crypto/tool/stqrg.html

If you require further assistance please contact us by sending email to

export@cisco.com.

Cisco 2801 (revision 7.0) with 236544K/25600K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FTX1133Y1DY

2 FastEthernet interfaces

1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module

1 DSP, 8 Voice resources

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.

191K bytes of NVRAM.

62720K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

yourname#sh inv

NAME: "2801 chassis", DESCR: "2801 chassis, Hw Serial#: 2760671164, Hw Revision: 7.0"

PID: CISCO2801 , VID: V04 , SN: FTX1133Y1DY

NAME: "C2801 Motherboard with 2 Fast Ethernet", DESCR: "C2801 Motherboard with 2 Fast Ethernet"

PID: CISCO2801 , VID: 7.0, SN: FTX1133Y1DY

NAME: "PVDMII DSP SIMM with one DSP with half channel capcity", DESCR: "PVDMII DSP SIMM with one DSP with half channel capcity"

PID: PVDM2-8 , VID: V01 , SN: FOC11291BL6

yourname#

--------------------------

I DONT KNOW IF THE CCME SOFTWARE IS BUILT-IN OR NOT.

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CHECK..

THANKS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Apologies for my previous answer, i must have been having a bad day, the Telephony service is part of the IOS, the CME file you are missing contain the CME GUI files and the firmware files for the phones, if you do not have these then either download them (if you have download rights) or go back to your provider and get them to provide them for you.

In recent times CCME bundled routers have been sent out from Cisco's factory without all the relevant files but this is easily solved, as above.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Call Manager Express is part of the IOS router software. To check if and what version of CCME you have running; type "show telephony-service" from the router's enable prompt.

I cross referenced the IOS image on the IOS feature finder and confirmed the image you have does contain CCME v3.2

Make sure you download the phone firmware images & optional GUI interface from CCO and download them on to the router's flash.

Hope this helps.

sh telephony-service shows it is having the 3.3

am just wondering show flash doesnt show ant ccme files.. only the ios and the sdm files are shown.

thanks

OK - It looks like via the sh telephony-service that you have Call Manager Express v3.3 on your router. The Call Manager Express software is built into the IOS. However, there are several support files that you will need. These support files are the firmware phone loads for the ip phones and the html GUI interface files that can be used to perform day to day moves adds and changes.

Since you have already verified, from sh flash, that you do not have the support files you will need to download them from CCO. Go to Cisco.com, login and click on the "download software" box and choose "voice software". Scroll down and click on Unified Call Manager Express & SRST. Click on and download the file called "cme-124-1.zip". This file will have all the supporting files you will need to configure Call Manager Express. Unzip and TFTP these files onto the routers flash.

From here you will need to perform some configuration on IOS in order to get CCME up and running. You will find the IOS configuration tasks in the CCME configuration guides located at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml

The CCME IOS specific commands and task are at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml#t7

Once you have completed the configuration tasks you will be able to launch the CCME GUI admiistration pages from a web browser

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

do a "show flash" all the files will be shown and you should see the relevant CME tar files there, until you archive xtract these a show telephony-service will not show anything. If you do not have the files then go back to your disti who will be able to provide them, or if you have download rights on CCO then you can download them yourself

I hope this helps

Dave

i did that and its not showing those cme files. but if you do sh telephone-service it shows a cme version 3.3.

where is it residing, still unknown to me

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Apologies for my previous answer, i must have been having a bad day, the Telephony service is part of the IOS, the CME file you are missing contain the CME GUI files and the firmware files for the phones, if you do not have these then either download them (if you have download rights) or go back to your provider and get them to provide them for you.

In recent times CCME bundled routers have been sent out from Cisco's factory without all the relevant files but this is easily solved, as above.

I hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: