Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager publisher database problem

sr2290723
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've got a very strange problem in my publisher server. Any updates done from this server will not be executed to the phones. It seems that this server has write problem to database. But strangely, when I do updates from subscribers, the updates are executed to the phones, and publisher can recognize the updates. There is no replication problem between subscriber to publisher.

The other observable effect is that users can forward call but cannot cancel their forward from the phone. But it can be cancelled from the subscriber.

I'm using CCM 4.1(3)SR5b.

Can someone help me what should I do beside rebooting the server ?

Thanks a lot

Wiyandi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wyandi,

Just to add a note to the good information you received from Zin,Ajaz and Bill, these docs have some possible solutions to this problem;

Unable to Cancel Call Forward All from an IP Phone

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00808170c4.shtml

Cisco CallManager Issues with Call Forward All

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801b3f4b.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Restarting CCM service? checking what the eventviewer is showing when you try to update/change some phone setting.

Event viewer show nothing. I tried to change CSS of a phone, the page shows that the CSS changes, but the CSS change doesn't happen at the phone. It still use the old CSS. That's what happen if I update the CSS from the publisher. Everything is normal and working if I change it from the subscriber.

Wiyandi

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

There's a Cisco utility tool called DBhelper.exe for CallManager - have you ever used that?

This will identify any DB replication issues (If they exist), between the cluster.

Ajaz

Hi, have you checked that the extended functions service is started and running (call forwarding issue). As far as the database is concerned, the only time I have seen this type of problem without databse replication issues was when we had to restore a 4.1.3 server from a backup and used BARS 4.0.8. This version of BARS messed with the rights on the SQL database and we saw symptoms very similar tou yours. It required a TAC case to resolve. All tools (DBLHelper etc, showed no replication issues, but the Pub database more or less ended up RO)

HTH

Bill.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wyandi,

Just to add a note to the good information you received from Zin,Ajaz and Bill, these docs have some possible solutions to this problem;

Unable to Cancel Call Forward All from an IP Phone

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00808170c4.shtml

Cisco CallManager Issues with Call Forward All

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801b3f4b.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi all,

Thanks for all precious information that you gave. Cisco Extended Function is active. I read Rob's document, and I found that the debug trace configuration of CCM service in publisher is set to detailed. As recommended, I tried to deactivate, delete the trace file, and reactivate the trace with debug set to error. Still no change. May be I'll try to restart CCM service and DBL service then.

Do you have phones that are active on the publisher?

What kind of changes were you making on the subscriber?

If your publisher is not working, your phones will not be able to forward/unforward, or do any other state changes for that matter.

Check to see if all services are running and then check your system logs to make sure that nothing crashed.

sr2290723
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I tried to restart Cisco Database Layer Monitor service in every server, and everything goes back to normal 30 minutes after I restarted the service. Thanks all for your feedbacks and inputs. Those are really helpful.

Wiyandi

Dear All, I have very similar issue with Wiyandi at 9th Oct, my Publisher cannot update phone status, such as add another line to IP Phone, click "Reset", Phone did not response...Mobility could not work as well...But I did not try at Subscriber...I have to reboot Publisher and restart AuPair.exe service to resolve the issue...But Reported to Cisco TAC, SR 607053779, they still trying to find out root cause....I have been told could it be BARS version conflict with my recently upgraded to ccm4.1(3)Sr5b, my BARS version is 4.0.11?

Please help us, expert...

Hi,

The same problem happens to me twice. Extension Mobility could not work suddenly, and I have to reboot the publisher. It seems that there is something wrong with 4.1(3)SR5B. All this problem appear after I upgrade to SR5B. I'm using BARS 4.0.9.

Wiyandi

Hi Wiyandi, problem not come from 4.1(3)Sr5b, may cause by not ugrading BARs to version 4.0.14 after upgrade to sr5b. Have you found any error with SQL Job replica!

I have just upgraded BARs to latest version, so far ccm quite stable now....Is that a root cause?

You're right. The replication job in SQL shows an error. But actually, the replication transaction is OK, because every change I do now is replicated in the other servers. May be I have missed that part when upgrading to SR5b, or Cisco doesn't state that part ?

Wiyandi

Hi Wiyandi, can I have your error message? Mine is " Monitor Disk Space" error under "SQL Server Agents --> Job", how about yours?

I attach the screen capture of one of my subscribers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: