CCM 6.0 on VMWARE 6

Unanswered Question
Oct 11th, 2007

guys i m trying to install CCM 6 on VMware 6.....now i boot the dvd and everythijg is done but at the end it says cant get to th edefault gateway (detect) guys i m using bridg connection t my physial NIC......now i have given ip adress of CCM 192.168.1.10/24 and gave DF gateway 192.168.1.1 which is my NIC orginal one live one.....now guys what i m doing wrong this installation is making m eso frstrated as i have tried 20 times....

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
AJAZ NAWAZ Thu, 10/11/2007 - 01:44

You can just configure the NIC with any IP address. It does not have to be reachable at the IP layer - in other words you don't need to be able to ping it from another host. You do not have to configure a default-gateway. Make sure however there is layer2 keepalive that will bring the interface into an UP state. After the install you don't necessarily have to attach the CM server to a network i.e. have the NIC up at Layer2.

hth,

Ajaz

The_guroo_2 Thu, 10/11/2007 - 15:39

so in VMWARE i shd put th eip address but no DGateway....hmmm.....what do u mean by layer two keepalives????? can you plz explain that.....

Actions

This Discussion