Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt for ID on Wrong Password

maloumar1234
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.2.1

When a user mistype their password, Unity asks them to enter ID.

I downloaded the latest Advanced Settings Tool and made the change.

Rebooted unity but the problem still occured.

I cannot find the registry location where the change was made, does anyone know where I need to look in the registry?

Regards

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Majid,

This doen't answer your question but I thought you would want to see the comments on this issue from Unity Design Engineer Jeff Lindborg (for Unity 4.2);

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddb2b9b/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Majid, I know this is the wrong place, long time no talk, email me by clicking in my profile.

rlp

Randy :-)

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Majid, for Cisco Unity 4.2(1) and 5.0(1)you need an Engineering Special to change the behavior. The business unit is actually testing the engineering specials now and they should be available shortly.

Thanks a lot. Would you kindly update this thread when the ES is ready?

Best regards

Majid

Hey Chris please let me know to, we have a lot of people complain about that here too.

I just live with it.

:-)

rlp

Hey Chris,

Any update on that ES?

Thanks

Majid

For Cisco Unity 4.2(1) an Engineering Special is now available.

You will need to open a TAC case and request an ES for CSCsd16651. That fix is currently included in Cisco Unity 4.2(1)_ES127.

An ES for Cisco Unity 5.0(1) should be available shortly.

When invalid password entered at known extension, do not prompt for ID

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsd16651

UPDATE!

For Cisco Unity 4.2(1) and Cisco Unity 5.0(1), an Engineering Special is now available.

You will need to open a TAC case and request an ES for CSCsd16651. The fix is currently available in Cisco Unity 4.2(1)_ES127, and Cisco Unity 5.0(1)_ES25.

When invalid password entered at known extension, do not prompt for ID

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsd16651

I opened a tac case got the ES and applied it yesterday. It works fine. Thanks Chris.

rlp

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for weighing in on this issue Christopher. 5 points for your good work here!

Take care,

Rob

Gentlemen,

I applied the CU421ES127, but was unsuccessful in resolving the issue.

This is the behaviour:

- After applying the ES, we rebooted the server. Then we made sure that Advanced Settings Tool has the right registry key.

- I tested by entering wrong password into a voicemail login and received the failsafe.

- While monitoring the port status, I see it recognize the wrong password, then Unity tries to play a wav file and that is where I get the failsafe.

- If I change the registry setting back to 1, I hear the enter ID instead of password again.

Silly question, will this ES work on a English UK version of Unity instead of US English?

Regards

Majid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: