cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DID number not working

red73mustang
Level 1
Level 1

When user's DID Direct extension is diled, I 1st get the standard "Please hold while your party is being reached".. The a generice Operator's voice comes on and says "This call cannot be completed as diled, please check the number and dial again PUANY 12"

Please help,

Chet

5 Replies 5

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Can you run the debug for isdn on your voicegateway to see if everything is in place?

Thanks for getting back to me.I would love to run the debug but I am still a newbie to VOIP and would need instructions.

Chet

Login to your gateway

type

config t

debig isdn q931

term mon

and make test call to the DID, and see what the digits are being to sent out from your service provider

Use this document as reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00801142f8.shtml

Thanks Raj, I'm fresh out of networking school and have never touched a real router before(just simulators)and don't feel comfortable trying to debug it. I suppose I could just try and delete the account in call manager + unity and recreate it.

I resolved the issue by changing the DID number to a known working number of a former employee. I will need to determine what available POTS/DID lines I can assign to users in Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: