cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cell to WIFI

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

Can some one tell me what cell phone make/model will work with CCM 5.1 or greater? I was told a Nokia E61 would work. My question is, if a cell phone has WIFI capability what is the deciding factor to make it work with Cisco Call Manager?

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It must support either SCCP or SIP. The E61 supports SCCP with additional software.

WHat cell phone make/models support the SCCP or SIP ?

Not many. HTC dual touch, d-link v-click, Samsung SGH-P200, Vizualphone...

These are all SIP phones.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I was told by a Cisco Engineer that the Nokia E61 was the only phone with The "Symbian Client" software!and that is waht is needed to make the cell phone inetegrate with the Cisco Call Manager. What is the HTC dual touch, d-link, v-link or Vizualphone I have never heard of these and do they have the "Symbian Client" software?

Hi,

you can find easily the models mentioned using the leading search engine.

Nokia is the only vendor with SCCP support after Cisco and Motorola ceased the development of the CN620, due to concerns of Motorola about the Scientific Atlanta aquisition.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

DrEAmlessoD
Level 1
Level 1

There are three Nokia phones which Cisco & Nokia support. The E61, E61i, and the E65. Cisco sells the addon software you need under this part number NOK-SCCP-CCM-01. You will also need device license units for the phone to connect. The last bit of the puzzle, the part concerning call handoff between WiFi and cellular networks, is Unified Mobility Manager. It is an add-on product before CM version 6.0 and requires its own MCS server. In 6.0 the functionality is rolled into CM, so that would be my recommendation (no need for additional software or servers). After configuring Mobility, you add the Mobility softkey to the softkey template and use it to effectively toggle between WiFi and cellular usage.

Please rate helpful posts.

is there any other Make/Models other than the Nokia E61, E61i, E65 ?

Is Nokia the only cell company that has

"Symbian Client" software ? Is this software crucial to making this happen?

If a cell phone has WIFI capability will it not work unless it has the Symbian Client software and is Nokia the only cell manufacturer that allows you to install it on the phone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: