Helpful
Replies

Callmanager routing issue

norm.trees
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

hope you can help, have installed a UK numbering plan,

Using route filters, partitions, route patterns (9.@ & predot) & call searching spaces etc

the problem is that I need to strip off the leading digit from area codes & mobiles at the call manager gateway config before the voice gateway will route. This stops other numbers from routing such as external operator etc.

Is there some where I can strip off the leading 0 other than the gateway config in call manager?

3 Replies 3

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

What about 'Called Party Transformations' under the specific route patterns?

Surely this will do it. Watch out for anything that might override that under Route List configuration.

Ajaz

Hi, no transformation patterns configured.

Bizarre thing is, if I just use non uk numbering route patterns, the voice gateway routes it with the leading 0.

If I use the uk number plan route patterns, I get a BT carrier recorded message indicating that I dialled an incorrect number.

norm.trees

It is going to be an easy test. Add a route pattern just for your mobile number. This will not affect any other pattern if you are dealing with a live environment. But it will affect any calls to your mobile from any call request being handled by CCM. So that's fairly isolated imo and mitigates any potential risks. Remember to increase the priority of the pattern in the appropriate CSS. Note this will impact calls to your mobile only!.

Then under this specific (or full match) RP add the transformation that I mentioned on my first reply. On the gateway make sure there is a matching outgoing dialpeer and issue the debug isdn q931 to prove the desired result is working. It might take you a while to play around the the actual transformation and to this end take a read of this paper:

----------------------------------------------

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e9aa.html>

Called Party Transformations

Discard Digits

From the Discard Digits drop-down list box, choose the discard digits instructions that you want to associate with this route pattern. The discard digits that display depend on the numbering plan that you choose from the Numbering Plan drop-down list box. See the "Discard Digits Instructions" section in the Cisco CallManager System Guide for more information on discard instructions for the North American Numbering Plan.

Note The called party transformation settings that are assigned to the route groups in a route list override any called party transformation settings that are assigned to a route pattern that is associated with that route list.

Called Party Transform Mask

Enter a transformation mask value. Valid entries for the NANP include the digits 0 through 9; the wildcard characters X, asterisk (*), and octothorpe (#); the uppercase characters A, B, C, and D; and blank. If the field is blank, no transformation takes place. Cisco CallManager sends the dialed digits exactly as dialed.

Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls)

Enter prefix digits in the Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) field. Valid entries for the NANP include the digits 0 through 9; the wildcard characters asterisk (*) and octothorpe (#); the uppercase characters A, B, C, and D; and blank.

Note The appended prefix digit does not affect which directory numbers route to the assigned device.

---------------------------------------------

hth,

Ajaz

please rate this post if it helps