cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5.1.2 Disaster Recovery Backup (BUG)

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running across a bug CSCsi80320 listed in this link :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsi80320

I was wondering if there was a patch to install or do I need to have TAC remote into the server still. The problem I have is the customer has a data network and a VOIP and the VOIP does not have Internet access and he will not allow it either. So I was wondering if there was a patch that I could install to resolve the problem. I ran accross another Forum Topic like this and there was a reply stating the TAC sent him this file:

cisco-ipt-k9-patch-es5.1.2.3102-1.tar.gz.sgn

but it doesn't say if that fixed the issue, I also could not find this on there download site.

2 Replies 2

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

Tony,

Is true, if you need that patch Cisco TAC will give it to you. Thats the only way to get it and yes it will fix your issue with the backup from CM

Armando

We ran into the same issue and Cisco provided the patch. When you applied the updgrade, do the 1st node first then 2nd, 3rd. The original OS will still remain in the HDDs but now you will booting to the 2nd active partition for each server. After you upgrade the cluster, try to to the backup again and it should work fine. We use a utility that was very streight forward for backup and I think Cisco also recommends, called FreeFTPD.

hth

Thanks

Armando