Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the Diff Router 2611 and 2621?

newnetman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can anyone please educate me on these two router mentioned?. I mean for someone plaining to go all the to CCNP and IE thereafter. Which is the most valueable considering all the protocols that might be needed to run on them in the near future.

Thanking you all for your supports.

2 Replies 2

haroon.shaikh
Level 1
Level 1

The only difference that I can think of is the processing speed, and interface capacity.

Also, regarding the protocols and features, it depends upon the IOS image rather than the hardware.

Eg: Security Plus IOS will have features like IPSEC whereas Service Provider IOS will have features related to ISP's.

So, for CCIE practice its good to with full image. You might be able to google some sites which sell CCIE packages and see which one suits you.

* Rate if it helps.

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

AFAIK, the only difference is that the 2611 has 10 Mbps interfaces whereas the 2621 has 100 Mbps. For lab work, that will make very little difference. The only inconvenient factor is that you might have to modify and config scripts that were made for 2621, changing "FastEthernet" to "Ethernet".

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: