"Consult Transfer" doesn't work in CVP warm transfer scenario

Unanswered Question

We tested with CVP warm transfer, when CVP passes call to agent, agent transfers to second CVP for queuing. This scenario works when agent uses single-step transfer, the caller can hear queuing messages. However if 'consult transfer', the caller hears nothing, and call drops in a few seconds.

We can see the call hits the second CVP and VXML gateway, so teh signaling path is ok, it fails in establishing media path.

If we do a direct call to agent, then warm transfer to second CVP, it works, so I don't think IP phone configuration is issue. So the problem seems in CVP.

Does nayone have clue for this type of issue?

Wei

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shyam_koneru Fri, 10/12/2007 - 08:15

What version of CVP are you using? What is your VRU type? Are you using SIP or H323? Do you have Locations based CAC on?

If it is SIP, what is your ICM version?

It is CVP 4.02, ICM 7.21, and purely SIP deployment, and no CAC. The VRU type for all CVP's are type 10.

I did a few more tests, actually the scenario that direct call to agent, then warm transfer to CVP by consult transfer, also failed.

If the second agent is ready, the warm transfer to agent succeeded.

So I believe the problem is still with CVP, it seems lack of media resource to establish media path.

Wei

shyam_koneru Fri, 10/12/2007 - 09:21

On the SIP trunk in CCM pointing to CUPS or Callserver, can you make sure you have RFC2833 for DTMF signalling method?

If you have this set already, then uncheck the target requery on Queue to skill group node. If this worked, then you might be hitting a known bug in ICM.

shyam_koneru Fri, 10/12/2007 - 09:59

On the SIP trunk in CCM pointing to CUPS or Callserver, can you make sure you have RFC2833 for DTMF signalling method?

kthorngr Fri, 04/04/2008 - 19:05

If the consult transfer occurs while the call is queued and the call fails then you are hitting CSCsm07978. MTP on the SIP trunk is not required. But there is a problem with this particular call flow that requires MTP on the SIP trunk or you will need to use single step transfer or the agent needs to wait for an agent to answer.

I believe this issue is resolved in CVP 7.0(1) but I have not tested it.

Kevin

Actions

This Discussion