cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6 on VMWARE

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys i have installed CCM 6 on VMWARE so when i boot my virtual machine it shows localhost login (kindly see the attach file) i have no clue what that is....guys i have been trying for so manyday plz have a look and help me out

5 Replies 5

yigitzorlu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

That's what you should normally get. Use the admin username and password you created during the setup and you will go to

admin:

prompt. You will not get a GUI based interface in CCM 6. You should access it through the browser. admin prompt is though important if you want to change the IP address of the server, change the default gateway (in my case I could not change it from the web interface, it simply did not save) etc.

Regards,

Yigit

mate this is the whole issue.....i did put those passpords and username but it doesnt work....now tell me how to go from GUI as ....soon as i start this vitual machine it goes into this prompt....and i used those username and password which i put while installing it but it doesnt work......can u plz help meout

With Communications Manager versions 5 and 6 you can no longer access the GUI on the server itself but must be done over the network via a web browser.

When you fire up your VMWare the login prompt will load which is perfectly normal (as stated by Yigit). Infact, Hi Yigit, remember me, Darren, worked on the Airbus project with you couple of years ago before I left Equant!

Anyway, from your server or PC on which you have the VMServer loaded just open up your IE and browse to https://x.x.x.x/ccmadmin

If you still can't access the GUI, open up command prompt and ensure that you can reach your VMServer. If you can't reach with a PING, we'll then you've got a network issue.

Hi!

how large is the disk on this Virtual Machine?

I had the same problem on my VM, it was because the disk was to small. Installation did not complete, machine restarts, and you only get this prompt.

What hardware were you running vmserver on,

how big was the vm partition

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: