cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward all exception

epasqualotto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I'm finding for a features in CM 5.1 that allow a user that has set call forward all to another phone to be called by the transfered phone.

This features can help me to call my collegue and say: "Hey stop forwarding call to me that I'm going out."

Is possible?

Thanks Enrico.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look like that you want to use call forwarding while you are still present at the phone.

So you can assign multiple extensions to the phone. You will set CFA to the "normal" extension. Other people that are allowed to reach you, will call on the othe rextension that is never forwarded.

If you want and even better way to handle calls for a role, look at hunt-groups with login softkey.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Enrico,

Just to add a note to the great info from Paolo;

This feature, which is called "CFA Destination Override" is available in CCM 5.X and CCM 6.x. Have a look;

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words, when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or external.

When the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide, Release 5.0(4), for information about configuring service parameters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note CFA override only takes place if the CFA destination matches the calling party and the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to True. If the service parameter is set to True and the calling party does not match the CFA destination, CFA override does not take place, and the CFA remains in effect.

From this CCM 5.1.(1) doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080739bb8.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look like that you want to use call forwarding while you are still present at the phone.

So you can assign multiple extensions to the phone. You will set CFA to the "normal" extension. Other people that are allowed to reach you, will call on the othe rextension that is never forwarded.

If you want and even better way to handle calls for a role, look at hunt-groups with login softkey.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Enrico,

Just to add a note to the great info from Paolo;

This feature, which is called "CFA Destination Override" is available in CCM 5.X and CCM 6.x. Have a look;

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words, when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or external.

When the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide, Release 5.0(4), for information about configuring service parameters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note CFA override only takes place if the CFA destination matches the calling party and the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to True. If the service parameter is set to True and the calling party does not match the CFA destination, CFA override does not take place, and the CFA remains in effect.

From this CCM 5.1.(1) doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080739bb8.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob's answer is indeed the correct one for the specific question, so my rating for him.

Now, if even Cisco's developers were all attentive and can we say, committed like Rob, we would enjoy a better Telephony New World.

Hey Paolo,

I probably should be "committed" as they say :) Thanks for your kind words my friend. This feature was always available on Nortel systems that I spent most of my career working with, so I flagged this one when it was offered with CCM.

This feature is perfect, especially if the users involved are a fair distance apart and need quick contact methods.

Enough rambling from me, take care Paolo and keep up the great work!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: