Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility

vinothdhanapal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I had altered the parameters for extension mobility so that auto logout is true and max login time is 10:00 hours. But still the users say that it does not automatically logout ... and they see that they are logged in the morning ...

Is there any services that I need to restart ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Vino

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vino,

If you can do it with the users logged out and perhaps during an after hours maintenance window try that. I would hate to see this cause any issues. I don't think there would be any problems but.... better safe than sorry :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Vino,

<http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/vpdd/cdd/4_1/4_1_2/mobility/emapich1.pdf>

The Logout Scheduler in the Login Service times all login occurrences if you have

specified a system maximum login time. If you have not set the login duration, the

automatic logout period for that device defaults to the system maximum time.

---------------------------------------------

Furthermore, can you confirm the user device profile is set with extension mobility logout?

bye for now,

Ajaz

Ajaz

I had set the extension mobility logout for each device... also specified the max login time in the service parameter...

Do i need to enable extension mobility service in all the callmanagers in the cluster or only in the particular subscriber you want extension mobility? ( Also do we need to enable it on the publisher as well ?)

Thanks

Vino

Vino,

AFAIK Whenever you configure or make changes to CCM, whether you are logged into a sub or pub, the changes are actually carried out on the pub. If the pub is not available - you will be unable to make any changes until the pub returns back online.

All changes made to the pub are then replicated to all subs. I know it's unrelated to the original question but nonetheless very important to know this.

So, back to the original issue. Please confirm that 'Enforce Maximum Login Time* ' is set to true?

Ajaz

Enforce Maximum Login Time is set to true...

Vino

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vino,

I don't think that the Auto Logout will be applied to phones that were already logged in when this change was configured. You can try two things.

1. Ask users to logout at the end of the day and the next time they Login this Auto Logout 10:00 Hours will work.

2. Try a Cisco Tomcat Service restart.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob

Shall do that ... do I need to restart the tomcat service while the users logged in or when they logout?

Thanks

Vino

Hi Vino,

If you can do it with the users logged out and perhaps during an after hours maintenance window try that. I would hate to see this cause any issues. I don't think there would be any problems but.... better safe than sorry :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob

I tried it restarting tomcat service with users logged in as the users are our customers and could not ask everyone... I haven't heard about any issues after that.. So I believe it should be resolved.

Many thanks for your help and I rate it 5

Vino

Hi Vino,

First off you are most welcome :) Thanks for posting back with your results, I have rated your post a 5 for following up to help others who may face this same question.

Thanks again and take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: