Views
Helpful
Replies

registration of license for CUCM 6 BE

xiaoliangyue
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I register CUCM 6 BE, It says: Purchase of a support contract must be done before a Unified Communications Software Subscription can be enabled. Please provide your support contract number or purchase order information if contract is still being set up.*

Is the service contract a must to get CUCM 6 to work?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jon,

I have never heard of this requirement, so I don't think the Software Subscription is needed. I think the process you are using is different from what is used for the License file install. You may be using this one;

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns737/c643/cdccont_0900aecd805f0aa1.pdf

When you need this for CCM;

Obtaining a License File

Use the following steps to obtain a license file for a new installation of Cisco CallManager phones nodes and for updating the licenses when new phones are added.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 When you place an order for Cisco devices, Cisco provides a Product Authorization Key (PAK).

Step 2 Register the PAK with Cisco CallManager using the License Registration web tool that is provided on CCO.

Step 3 You must enter the MAC address of the Cisco CallManager server that you are requesting the licenses for, and a valid E-mail Id. You must enter the number of nodes and phone units that you want licenses for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note You can determine the number of phone unit licenses that you will require for each phone type using License Calculator in Cisco CallManager Administration. See the "Calculating License Units" section.

Step 4 CCO generates a license file with the number of unit licenses that you requested and sends it you via E-mail using the E-mail ID that you provided in step Step 2

Step 5 You must upload the license file to the server with the matching MAC address that you provided in Step 3

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi, Rob,

Thanks for the input. You got the point, I did use this link: http://www.cisco.com/go/license/ to register the CUCM 6 BE. So what is the url of "License Registration web tool" that I should use?

Thanks a lot,

Jon

Hi, Rob,

When I use above link, it says:"Please cut and paste the information from the file generated by your Cisco CallManager Upgrade Utility below:*" however, I am installing a brand new system, it's not upgrading from old version, so I actually haven't used so-called Upgrade Utility. Please advise?

Thanks

Jon

Xiao,

Recently Cisco has changed their SAU support contracts to Software Essentials and Software Subscriptions. If you purchase CUCM6 BE from a Cisco partner, you should have got a Software Essentials and Software Subscription part numbers in the BOM. These are only for smartnet and has no relevance to getting a license.

Links provided by Rob should get you to register the PAK numbers you received with your CUCM software box.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jon,

I'm sorry, I think I led you down the wrong path here :( Your first Link was the correct one not the one I sent. Enter the Product Authorization Key (PAK) for CCM. If this doesn't work I would open a TAC case to get to the bottom of this issue.

Are you having similar problems with the Unity Connection portion of the registration process?

Let us know,

Rob

Hi, Rob,

I've got 2 PAK, one is for the software license, another is for device license. I think the CUCM 6 BE is a combo, I don't have to input licenses for both CUCM and UC individually.

I'm requesting the sales for the SmartNet Contract number to proceed.

Thanks,

Jon