cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send router Logons to SysLog server?

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

I want any wr mems or telnet Logons to be logged to my SysLog server from my Cisco 877 and 1841 routers, is this possible?

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andy

It is possible to send records to AAA accounting for level 15 commands. So if you are using AAA you could use the accounting facility to get write mem etc. I am not aware of any way to just send these to syslog.

There is a way to send telnet logins to syslog. It is a pretty new feature so you need to be running recent code to be able to do it. This link discusses the enhancements to login including the ability to send messages to syslog for successful login or for not successful login:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080455b93.html#wp1027195

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi, is aaa accounting ssh and radius logins? I just want to get some auditting put on the routers. I will look at this link.

Thanks

HI Rick,

Have rated your POST and its very Helpful

Its interesting to know, how do you keep track of the Recent Features and Technologies ? ?

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

He's always a great help with detailed replies, even if the questions (like mine) are simple.

Hi Whiteford,

you can send logins attempted messages to syslog server by enabling the following command

"login on-success log [every login ]"

There is another command to track failed login attempts

" login on-failure log"

This feature is available for ios 12.3(4)T and above

Do let me know if these details have been helpful

Best wishes

Santhosh M.C

Cable&Wireless

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card