cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple question - ACE Context Running Config

danger_mousie
Level 1
Level 1

How do I erase the running config of a context ? wr erase only gets rid of the the start up. I can go through it with no commands but was hoping there is a better way.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Roble Mumin
Level 3
Level 3

If you could reload per context erasing the startup config would work. Unfortunately you can only reload the whole ace blade.

Fastest way to get rid of a config within a context is to delete the context in the admin context and then re-create it.

changeto Admin

conf t

no context

context

If you had checkpoints already created those are gone as well once you issue the "no context " command.

To make it easier in the future i would suggest you create an empty checkpoint at the very beginning or at the point of your configuration where you want to start to experiment with the settings.

conf t

checkpoint create

or

checkpoint create

To get the settings back u issue.

conf t

checkpoint rollback

The checkpoints are per context btw.

Hope that helps.

Roble

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Roble Mumin
Level 3
Level 3

If you could reload per context erasing the startup config would work. Unfortunately you can only reload the whole ace blade.

Fastest way to get rid of a config within a context is to delete the context in the admin context and then re-create it.

changeto Admin

conf t

no context

context

If you had checkpoints already created those are gone as well once you issue the "no context " command.

To make it easier in the future i would suggest you create an empty checkpoint at the very beginning or at the point of your configuration where you want to start to experiment with the settings.

conf t

checkpoint create

or

checkpoint create

To get the settings back u issue.

conf t

checkpoint rollback

The checkpoints are per context btw.

Hope that helps.

Roble

Just in case anyone is stuck...

ace-1/Con1(config)# checkpoint?

% invalid command

ace-1/Con1# checkpoint create test

Generating configuration....

Created configuration checkpoint 'test'

ace-1/Con1#

Thanks Roble

Ooops...

I am so used to "configuration" mode that i actually didn't verify that it's a privilege mode command.

Happy to hear it helped.

Roble

Hi,

To revert the ACE back to factory default settings, is it then enough to erase the admin context config, or do I have to delete each context individually and then delete the Admin context config?

Thanks alot.

Dario

Hi Dario,

I believe a write erase in the admin context & reload should do it.

Could you let me know how it goes? I don't have a test platform.

Cheers,

Claire

Hi,

Yes, wr erase in the admin context does the trick!

thanks alot,

Dario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: